The CMS students NEED you!
With this school year half way complete, we must start thinking about next year. Christa McAuliffe School PTO is seeking interested members to fill positions on our Executive Board and Committee Chairs. No prior experience is needed. Do you have a special talent you would like to share with us? Check out these rewarding opportunities!
- PRESIDENT – As part of the Executive Board, you would lead the monthly PTO meetings, communicate with Principal Gallo, prepare weekly email blasts to the CMS community, and oversee the various CMS PTO events.
- VICE PRESIDENT/FUNDRAISING CHAIR – As part of the Executive Board, you would lead the monthly PTO meetings when the President is absent, take meeting minutes when the Secretary is absent, and oversee the Fundraising Events for the PTO (with help from the Board and volunteers).
- TREASURER – As part of our Executive Board, you would be responsible for helping keep our finances organized and compliant with IRS rules, keeping accurate records of receipts and expenses, and presenting finances at the monthly PTO meetings.
- VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR – You would be responsible for recruiting volunteers for PTO events, using an online sign-up program.
- SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR – You would be responsible for maintaining the CMS PTO website, Facebook page, and monitor the CMS PTO email account.
FUNDS ARE STILL NEEDED…
Thank you to everyone who has supported the PTO so far this school year. Funds are necessary to help offset the cost of field trips, classroom supplies, enrichment activities and many community event.
We understand not everyone wants to participate in fundraising. The CMS PTO will gladly accept a general donation. Donations can be made online or by sending in a check, made out to CMS PTO, to the main office.
In hopes of alleviating the CMS families from raising all the needed funds, this year the PTO is offering local companies to option to sponsor one of our many events. If you have or know a business who would like to contribute to the CMS community (funds, products, or services), please share our Sponsorship/Donation Information with them.
- Spaghetti Dinner and Raffle
- Block Party
- Family Glow Party
- STEM Night
- Teacher Appreciation Luncheon