If you would like to volunteer at CMS, the Concord School District REQUIRES a background check and training on Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect.
These are requirements for volunteering in your student’s classroom or on field trips, as well as volunteering for PTO events such as popcorn popping, book fair, etc. You will not be allowed into the school to volunteer without this. The background check is only required once during your child’s time with Concord School District, as long as you volunteer once each year. If you do not volunteer during the year, you will be required to go through the background check process again to volunteer the following year.
To ensure that you are a fully approved volunteer, you must complete these steps:
- Fingerprinting completed at the State Police headquarters
- All volunteer forms completed at Central office – please call for an appointment 225-0811
- Complete the Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect training – see details below
More information about the background check process can be found here.
Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect Training Options
Group Training – Tuesday, October 1 at our CMS PTO meeting at 6:00pm.
- Review the updated Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect Policy
- Power Point presentation
- Introduction to the DCYF reporting form
- Questions and Discussion
- Group assurance form to be signed at the end of the presentation
Training on Your Own
All of the components listed above can be done on your own schedule. You must return the Volunteer Training Assurance form indicating your understanding and completion of the training. Return the form to Deb Jore in the main office or at firstname.lastname@example.org.